Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekly Web Work, 6-1 through 6-5

















While putting together the news items for the 6-11 Fresh Start (FS) newsletter, we received a forwarded e-mail about the death of a prominent scientist in Indianapolis. I was able to make two phone calls, confirm the passing and lead the newsletter.

I also posted a story on his passing and update it with a coworker and later put out the 6-11 MD.
I also had a scoop about a counter-claim lawsuit filed by the ex-CEO of a longtime family-owned grocer that was bought out and revamped by a privately held Florida investment company.
Both stories I Twittered (along with my newsletter).






Lots of newsy 6-5 MD and FS newsletters, paced by big news involving ex-Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson, who joined Eli Lilly as a corporate exec in what turned out to be a really surprising Friday morning announcement. Not only did I scoop everyone else on this breaking news story, I wrote a follow-up by mid-morning that included his comments via a joint phone interview that involved Peterson, John Russell and John Ketzenberger. I also live-tweeted bits for that interview (see picture) And I reported fresh stories on gas rising to $2.89 and a piece on Starbucks marketing to Indianapolis for its Iced coffee. (Whew!)



Here are the 6-4 FS and MD newsletters, on the heels of a busy news day that included another 5 posts; and the 6-3MD and FS newsletters. Busy news day again. I recapped the 4th Biz Buzz of my co-workers and wrote a fresh story on plans for the Market Square Arena site. On 6-4 I also wrote a PM scoop about Louisville's plans to steal Hoosier tourists.

Here are the 6-2 MD and FS newsletters.

Besides helping IndyStar.com coordinate the big GM bankruptcy and Chrysler news, I also posted a newsy 6-1 FS and MD report, highlighted by Chrysler. I also served as the Star's tweeter for the morning for the fifth straight workday!

No comments:

Post a Comment