Friday, August 7, 2009

Weekly Web Work, 8-3 through 8-7

Tuesday was perhaps my busiest ever in the morning. I posted seven bylined stories between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. as I did double duty, as business reporter and on the online desk. At one point my name or work was part of 7 of the 11 stories on the IndyStar.com home page. Stories I was part of were: Hard-hit RV region gets pick-me-up (350 jobs), Marsh sorry for Facebook flap, Red Gold looks to take advantage of ripe opportunity, Simon earnings dip on retail, investment loss, Duke Energy's 2Q profit hurt as demand ebbs and Ohio college hires dean for Indy expansion. Whew!



Oh, and the biggest story of the day was a 4.5' deluge in Indianapolis, which I kick started during the morning shift. Rain traveled sideways, and pushed its way through the closed windows in the office. Amazing!






Newsletters:

8-3 Fresh Start: Toyota readies for Indiana milestone

8-4 Fresh Start: Obama to announce grant in Elkhart County
8-5 Fresh Start: Obama to announce car grants today
8-6 Fresh Start: Senate to consider clunkers program

8-3 Mid-Day: Factory work, construction on the rise in July
8-4 Mid-Day: Eli Lilly to slash sales force with buyouts
8-5 Mid-Day: 7 Ind. firms get cut of electric car stimulus funds
8-6 Mid-Day: Simon opens outlet center in Cincinnati

Included are 8-7MD and FS although I was in negotiations and not involved with the production of the newsletter on that day.